Great Tennis Photos

Photos: Masha shows off the ring!!

Posted by Lana On October 24 2010

Newly engaged couple Maria Sharapova and Los Angeles Laker Sasha Vujacic were looking lovey in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday as they walk hand in hand while out for lunch. Sharapova could be seen wearing a rather large engagement ring while out and about with her future husband.

Serena Williams on the Cover of August 2010 Harper Bazaar

Posted by Lana On July 04 2010

Serena Williams is featured on Cover of August 2010 Harper's Bazaar, which hits newsstands July 20th. In the photo spread, Serena showcases her stylish self in a Fendi dress and sports a swimsuit by Eres. Inside the monthly magazine, Serena talks about how she came to accept her body, about the difficulties, and importance, of accepting her own physical differences, and dating, revealing the reason behind breaking up with rapper Common.

Photos: Shakira Attends Nadal vs Mathieu Match

Posted by Lana On June 29 2010

Shakira was spotted out at the All England Club in London on Monday afternoon watching Rafael Nadal and Paul-Henri Mathieu during their fourth round match for the Wimbledon Championships. Here are the photos, enjoy!

Photos: Brooklyn Decker, Kim Sears, Bec Cartwright and Mirka Vavrinec on Day Seven at Wimbledon

Posted by Lana On June 29 2010

Here are the photos of Brooklyn Decker, Kim Sears, Bec Cartwright and Mirka Vavrinec supporting their husbands/boyfriends on Day Seven of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on June 28, 2010 in London, England. Enjoy!

Your Ad Here

Dinara Safina defeats Svetlana Kuznetsova to win Rome title

Posted by Lana On 5/09/2009 09:00:00 PM


Dinara Safina defeated Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-3, 6-2 in the final of the Italian Open to win her first title of the year in her fourth final having also been beaten in the Australian Open and Sydney finals earlier in the year. The top seed also gained revenge for her 6-4, 6-3 defeat to Kuznetsova in the final of last week's Stuttgart Open.

"I think yesterday's match really helped me to push myself to play my best," Safina said, referencing her win over Williams. "Really, really I think I played one of my best matches yesterday. Against Kuzy, I had in my head that I had lost three finals this year. I didn't want to have a reputation that I'm losing finals."


"I couldn't find the solution today. Dinara was playing good tennis and fought her way to the final unbelievably," Kuznetsova said. "I couldn't play my game at all. I made too many unforced errors. It was a little bit like Christmas today: I was giving too many presents. I knew what I had to do but I just couldn't do it. I'm definitely very disappointed about this because I've been playing much better."


Safina had been a runner-up in her first three finals of the year, at Sydney (to Elena Dementieva), the Australian Open (to Serena Williams) and Stuttgart. This was her 10th career singles title on the Tour, following one in 2002 (Sopot), one in 2003 (Palermo), two in 2005 (Paris, Prague), one in 2007 (Gold Coast) and four last year (Berlin, Los Angeles, Montréal and Tokyo).

"When other players step on the court against me now that I am No.1, they have nothing to lose," Safina added. "It's the same thing I did last year. Like when I played Henin in Berlin last year, I didn't care. I was swinging and everything was landing in. I'm enjoying the challenge of proving I'm the best player."

Svetlana committed 30 unforced errors, almost twice as many as her opponent.

"It was a bit like Christmas today. I was giving away too many presents," said Kuznetsova who tossed her racket down in frustration at blasting a backhand into the net in the second set.

"Last week (against Safina) I was dictating the game. I was serving (well) and I was not making so many unforced errors. I was more patient than today.

"This is (the sort of) match that takes me back, not forward to maybe number one or winning more titles. If I can find the key to winning these matches it would be a very different story," added Kuznetsova.


(photo/Ryan Pierse/Getty Images)


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 Response to "Dinara Safina defeats Svetlana Kuznetsova to win Rome title"

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Watch Tennis Live

    BNP Paribas Open Player Party- Inside Look

    Support this site



    Search The Web


    Search Term:



    Visitors


    Blog Archive

    Join us on Facebook!


    Copyright © Great Tennis Photos. All Rights Reserved. Original theme by Wordpress themes, Bloggerized by FalconHive.com