Great Tennis Photos

Photos: Masha shows off the ring!!

Posted by Lana On October 24 2010

Newly engaged couple Maria Sharapova and Los Angeles Laker Sasha Vujacic were looking lovey in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday as they walk hand in hand while out for lunch. Sharapova could be seen wearing a rather large engagement ring while out and about with her future husband.

Serena Williams on the Cover of August 2010 Harper Bazaar

Posted by Lana On July 04 2010

Serena Williams is featured on Cover of August 2010 Harper's Bazaar, which hits newsstands July 20th. In the photo spread, Serena showcases her stylish self in a Fendi dress and sports a swimsuit by Eres. Inside the monthly magazine, Serena talks about how she came to accept her body, about the difficulties, and importance, of accepting her own physical differences, and dating, revealing the reason behind breaking up with rapper Common.

Photos: Shakira Attends Nadal vs Mathieu Match

Posted by Lana On June 29 2010

Shakira was spotted out at the All England Club in London on Monday afternoon watching Rafael Nadal and Paul-Henri Mathieu during their fourth round match for the Wimbledon Championships. Here are the photos, enjoy!

Photos: Brooklyn Decker, Kim Sears, Bec Cartwright and Mirka Vavrinec on Day Seven at Wimbledon

Posted by Lana On June 29 2010

Here are the photos of Brooklyn Decker, Kim Sears, Bec Cartwright and Mirka Vavrinec supporting their husbands/boyfriends on Day Seven of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on June 28, 2010 in London, England. Enjoy!

Your Ad Here

Robin Soderling claims Brisbane International trophy

Posted by Lana On 1/10/2011 03:33:00 PM


Robin Soderling defeated Andy Roddick 6-3, 7-5 to win Brisbane International, his seventh career title. With this victory, Soderling is back to his career-high mark of No. 4 in the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings.

“I’m playing really well and it makes me really happy," declared Soderling. "I’ve never really played well in Australia before and now finally I won a tournament playing really good tennis. It gives me a lot of confidence for Melbourne.

"I’ve had the best possible preparation I could have with five good matches here, now I’ll have a week of rest and practice in Melbourne and I’ll be more than ready to go. I know I have a chance to do really well if I play good tennis like here.”

Soderling did not face a break point in the match and won 35 of 39 first serve points.


“I think I served really well and I played really well again," said Soderling. "The last two matches have been my best ones in this tournament. Today the conditions were a little tougher than the other days, it was a bit windy and the rain came on the court a little bit, but I think it was a great match."

Roddick, who hit 12 aces in the final and 54 during the tournament, announced after the match that he would double the $100 he previously pledged for each ace hit to benefit Queensland flood relief efforts. Roddick will donate $10,800 to flood victims.

“He served great. Conditions were heavy and he served through it better," admitted Roddick. "I think that was the difference; I wasn’t able to get into any return games and he got into two and was able to break in those.

“I don’t think the conditions will be similar to this in Melbourne. But all you can ask for is getting in five good matches, that’s what you want after a lay-off. It didn’t go my way today, but overall I feel like I should be prepared for Melbourne.

"I felt like I hit the ball well this week, I returned pretty well. I think I could serve a little better, but if there’s one thing that I don’t worry about as much as the rest when it’s not going well it’s my serve. I feel comfortable and feel like I got what I needed out of this week.”


In the doubles final, Lukas Dlouhy and Paul Hanley won their first ATP World Tour doubles title after Lindstedt was forced to retire with a left calf injury. dloughy and Hanley won the first set 6-4 against fourth seeds Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau.

“Obviously it’s a little disappointing to win the final like we did,” lamented Hanley. “But we played really well I think in all our matches. Sometimes you don’t have to play your best tennis to win the tournament and that’s what happened obviously today. But we played some great tennis before today’s final and there are a lot of good things that we can look back on.

“It’s tough too sometimes. We struggled early, we saw he was struggling out there and that can be sometimes mentally a little bit frustrating. But we did really well, concentrated hard and once we got our momentum going we really kept it up and got that first set.”


(via ATP World Tour, photo/Reuters Pictures)


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 Response to "Robin Soderling claims Brisbane International trophy"

  1. By this tournament, we might find a few surprises in 2011. watch the schedule of events in 2011 at http://www.yocto-tennis-club.com

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Watch Tennis Live

    BNP Paribas Open Player Party- Inside Look

    Support this site



    Search The Web


    Search Term:



    Visitors


    Blog Archive

    Join us on Facebook!


    Copyright © Great Tennis Photos. All Rights Reserved. Original theme by Wordpress themes, Bloggerized by FalconHive.com