Great Tennis Photos

Photos: Masha shows off the ring!!

Posted by Lana On October 24 2010

Newly engaged couple Maria Sharapova and Los Angeles Laker Sasha Vujacic were looking lovey in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday as they walk hand in hand while out for lunch. Sharapova could be seen wearing a rather large engagement ring while out and about with her future husband.

Serena Williams on the Cover of August 2010 Harper Bazaar

Posted by Lana On July 04 2010

Serena Williams is featured on Cover of August 2010 Harper's Bazaar, which hits newsstands July 20th. In the photo spread, Serena showcases her stylish self in a Fendi dress and sports a swimsuit by Eres. Inside the monthly magazine, Serena talks about how she came to accept her body, about the difficulties, and importance, of accepting her own physical differences, and dating, revealing the reason behind breaking up with rapper Common.

Photos: Shakira Attends Nadal vs Mathieu Match

Posted by Lana On June 29 2010

Shakira was spotted out at the All England Club in London on Monday afternoon watching Rafael Nadal and Paul-Henri Mathieu during their fourth round match for the Wimbledon Championships. Here are the photos, enjoy!

Photos: Brooklyn Decker, Kim Sears, Bec Cartwright and Mirka Vavrinec on Day Seven at Wimbledon

Posted by Lana On June 29 2010

Here are the photos of Brooklyn Decker, Kim Sears, Bec Cartwright and Mirka Vavrinec supporting their husbands/boyfriends on Day Seven of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on June 28, 2010 in London, England. Enjoy!

Your Ad Here

Spanish tennis player Rafael Nadal confirms his withdrawal from the tournament during a news conference at Barcelona Open


Rafael Nadal, accompanied by the event’s Sporting Director, Albert Costa and the President of the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona-1899 Albert Agustí, attended a press conference in Barcelona this morning to explain the reasons behind his decision to withdraw from the 2010 Barcelona Open BancSabadall. Rafa once more blamed poor schedule of the clay court season for withdrawing from this tournament.

“I always planned to play in Barcelona,” said Nadal. “But tennis is not like football, when you know exactly how many matches you will have to plan and when. I didn’t know if I would win Monte Carlo, or lose in the first round. It might not have been the correct decision – I hope that I do not regret it – but I have to do everything that I can to ensure that every time I go on court I am at 100%, in the best condition possible. I don’t think that three weeks of tennis without stopping is the most adequate way to prepare myself.”


Asked how difficult it had been to take the decision not to defend his title, Nadal said, “For me, not being able to play here is a tough blow. I am playing at home, it’s my club and apart from that I have won five consecutive times and would have liked to have the chance to continue. Next year, the conditions will be more favourable, with a week off after Barcelona. I will definitely be back next year, and the calendar will be organised in a manner that will also encourage other players to come.”

Discussing his form so far in 2010, he commented, “The last year was difficult, with a lot of problems. I started this year playing well, and apart from the small problem in Australia, I felt I was playing well enough to have chances to win at all of the tournaments I have entered. I needed the win in Monte Carlo. But with everything that has happened to me, to play for three consecutive weeks, taking into account that we are on clay and the matches tend to last a little longer, would be almost impossible.”

When asked about the actual condition of his knee, Nadal confirmed that he preferred to be cautious rather than to take risks. “Yes, [the withdrawal] was a preventative measure. Luckily last week I played very well. I feel fine right now, but I have had many problems in this last year and can’t afford to take any risks if I want to be in my best possible condition on court. That’s my main objective.”

With the tournament having lost several of it’s stars this year due to injury, several journalists question how the event would be affected, but Nadal saw no reason for concern: “The success of a tournament like the Godó doesn’t depend only on whether or not the world #1 plays, or the #3, or #5. The draw is still very strong; there are a lot of great players here. Hopefully a Spaniard will win, [Juan Carlos] Ferrero is playing very well, [Fernando] Verdasco obviously, and David [Ferrer] as well. Then there is [Robin] Soderling, who is always very difficult to beat.”


(via Barcelona Open BancSabadall)


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 Response to "Rafael Nadal blames poor schedule for withdrawing from Barcelona Open"

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Watch Tennis Live

    BNP Paribas Open Player Party- Inside Look

    Support this site



    Search The Web


    Search Term:



    Visitors


    Blog Archive

    Join us on Facebook!

    Copyright © Great Tennis Photos. All Rights Reserved. Original theme by Wordpress themes, Bloggerized by FalconHive.com