Great Tennis Photos

Photos: Masha shows off the ring!!

Posted by Lana On October 24 2010

Newly engaged couple Maria Sharapova and Los Angeles Laker Sasha Vujacic were looking lovey in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday as they walk hand in hand while out for lunch. Sharapova could be seen wearing a rather large engagement ring while out and about with her future husband.

Serena Williams on the Cover of August 2010 Harper Bazaar

Posted by Lana On July 04 2010

Serena Williams is featured on Cover of August 2010 Harper's Bazaar, which hits newsstands July 20th. In the photo spread, Serena showcases her stylish self in a Fendi dress and sports a swimsuit by Eres. Inside the monthly magazine, Serena talks about how she came to accept her body, about the difficulties, and importance, of accepting her own physical differences, and dating, revealing the reason behind breaking up with rapper Common.

Photos: Shakira Attends Nadal vs Mathieu Match

Posted by Lana On June 29 2010

Shakira was spotted out at the All England Club in London on Monday afternoon watching Rafael Nadal and Paul-Henri Mathieu during their fourth round match for the Wimbledon Championships. Here are the photos, enjoy!

Photos: Brooklyn Decker, Kim Sears, Bec Cartwright and Mirka Vavrinec on Day Seven at Wimbledon

Posted by Lana On June 29 2010

Here are the photos of Brooklyn Decker, Kim Sears, Bec Cartwright and Mirka Vavrinec supporting their husbands/boyfriends on Day Seven of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on June 28, 2010 in London, England. Enjoy!

Your Ad Here

Rafael Nadal - Beijing 14. August Interview

Posted by Lana On 8/15/2008 10:37:00 AM

Q. Talk about your quarterfinal match.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, I am playing well, no? Very happy for be in the semifinals. Very happy because I played today very well, no?
So that's very important victory for me. Continuing being in the semifinals in another tournament is very good news, no? Still playing maybe my best level.

Q. How surprised are you by Roger's defeat?
RAFAEL NADAL: For sure is a surprise, no? No. 1 of the world lost. But the tennis always is very close, no? The level is very close. The match is decide in a few points a lot of times.
Well, sometimes happens something like this. Sorry for him. But, you know, that's the tennis. Everybody lose, no? Disappointing for everybody. I am playing my best careera, my best season in my life. I play 15 tournaments, and I lost in eight. So more than 50% of the times I lost in a tournament. So the tennis is like this.


Q. You've been comfortable on clay and grass over two or three years. Are you now as comfortable on hard courts in terms of your footwork and general comfort?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know, no? I am happy because I am playing very well. So that's very important for me.
But I had very good results in the past on the hard court, too, no? So that's nothing new for me to play good in this surface. But I am playing good. And when I am playing good, I can play good in all surfaces, no?

Q. In the semifinals you will play Novak Djokovic. What do you expect in that match?
RAFAEL NADAL: I expect a very, very tough match, no? I play against the No. 3 player of the world. This year he is the best player on this surface. He had the better results in this surface. So I have to play my best tennis, no? I lost against him one week and a half ago. I know how difficult is play against him.
But if I play my best tennis, I beat him sometimes. So I hope play my best tennis and have chances for win.

Q. Your headband and your wristband. Are you familiar with the Color Orange campaign? It's a protest group. Just wondering, is there any particular choice for that color?
RAFAEL NADAL: Is the colors of Spain. That's the reason. I don't know nothing. I respect everybody. I never was involved in politic things.
I think the bandana and the wristbands is yellow. But when I am sweat, is turn orange. That's not my intention. Nothing of this.


(source ASAP Sports, photo/PHILIPPE HUGUEN/AFP/Getty Images)


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 Response to "Rafael Nadal - Beijing 14. August Interview"

  1. Anonymous Said,

    I was wondering about that orange campaign question. seems it's a political protest group abt human rights in china. the group actually sent a letter to nadal too(seems they also noticed the "orange" headband). just found it funny!

     

  2. Lana Said,

    It really is a funny question!
    I noticed while reading the interviews of other players too, that there are sometimes some questions that are not actually appropriate and that annoys players.

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Watch Tennis Live

    BNP Paribas Open Player Party- Inside Look

    Support this site



    Search The Web


    Search Term:



    Visitors


    Blog Archive

    Join us on Facebook!


    Copyright © Great Tennis Photos. All Rights Reserved. Original theme by Wordpress themes, Bloggerized by FalconHive.com